Area 36 of the Special Olympics of Michigan is proud to announce the commencement of their annual UP Winter Games
Marquette, MI – January 28, 2019 – Area 36 of the Special Olympics of Michigan is proud to announce the commencement of their annual UP Winter Games on Saturday, January 5th. The schedule is below.
We will have athletes from all parts of the U.P. competing in Snowshoe, Cross Country Skiing, Alpine Skiing, Snowboarding, and Figure Skating. Please come out to Rippling River Resort and Marquette Mountain to watch the athletes showcase their talents starting with opening ceremony at 1:30 p.m. at Rippling River Resort.
We are also in need of several volunteers to help run the cross country and snowshoe events. If you are interested in helping with these events, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Schedule is as follows:
- 11:30 a.m. Arrival & Registration @ Holiday Inn
- 11:30 to 1 p.m. Lunch (Athletes, Registered Volunteers, Coaches)
- 1:00 to 1:30 p.m. Travel to Rippling River Resort (Own transportation)
- 1:30 pm to 1:45 p.m. Opening Ceremonies
- 2:00 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sport Events
- 4:00 p.m. t-o 4:30 p.m. Travel back to Holiday Inn (Own transportation)
- 4:30 to 5:00 p.m. Award Ceremony – Holiday Inn
- 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. Pasty Dinner (Athletes, Registered Volunteers, Coaches)
- 6:00 to ?? p.m. Rowing competition for everyone
- 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Dance @ Holiday Inn for Winter Game Athletes, Coaches, and Volunteers (light snacks available)
For questions contact Pam Bahrman, Area 36 director at 906-869-2403 or Cori Bodeman at 906-235-9504. Thank you for covering this event.
“LET ME WIN, BUT IF I CANNOT WIN, LET ME BE BRAVE IN THE ATTEMPT”
Goodwill of Northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan
Director of Marketing